Thursday, September 17, 2015

What's on My Mind


If I were a rich  girl, nanananananaah! That's a lyric from a Gwen Stefani song, if you didn't know. It is rather ridiculous, the things that are taking up my time lately. For instance, I was thinking about all the things I would do if I won the lottery, or Publisher's Clearing House. I made a list. I made a list back when I was about 16, and truth be told, it hasn't changed much though I seem to want less stuff. Not that I would want a big party and blow all the money... No. I am rather frugal and practical. I would probably blow a large portion on books and movies. I do love both of those.

I'd like to think I would be very generous with my time and money, and I would probably buy a lot of things for other people, but not so for myself. Sigh. I'd be rather stingy. Anyway...

I have been working on real things as well. I am writing Lost Lady. Some parts I love, some parts are okay, and others didn't turn out quite like I had imagined them. Not that they are bad, only that they need some work. Then again, I am a perfectionist, though I am keenly aware of my own limitations.  I do believe my writing is getting better. I'm not sure if its "good," though some people have enjoyed reading my work. I can't say that they aren't more than a little biased.

I am thinking of a plot for my next NaNoWriMo project, the next book in the Chronicles of Odde Series. It's called The Knave and the Rose. I know that I should probably finish the last one before beginning something new, but I distract myself with new projects and that often helps when I am stuck on something else. If only writing would make money, some of my RL problems would be answered!

The reality now is that I need a job. Not want, or would like, but NEED. We are sinking further in debt, and I don't know how we can get out. Other people have stay at home jobs and are getting stuff done with some side income. How does that work? Where can I sign up? Stuff like that never seems to work for me. Am I looking in the wrong places? Obviously!

Being an adult really sucks some times. More often than not I want to go back to nap time, story time, and went someone else would cut the crusts off my sandwiches. What happened to all the plans and dreams I had? Not just in my childhood, but just out of high school, when the future was full of possibilities.  What happened to the promise of the open road, the blank page? Are they still there? Perhaps it's because I've come to see a lot of things as chores, or things I want but can't do because of arbitrary reasons. Maybe they are all still there, waiting for me to see them again, in the light of possibility. With Hope.

I'm rambling again. This post isn't really what I had planned, but I don't feel like making a new one, so here you go internet. Have at thee!

Good Luck, Good Night, and Write ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment