Sunday, May 8, 2016

Writing, Life and Other Plans


Let’s talk about…

Life in general…

I have a temping job, thank the lord. He answered our prayers. We really needed the extra income. We have some large expenses coming up, like needing to smog and tag our vehicles and the job will more than cover that cost. AMEN!! I hope I may even have a few extra dollars to see how marketing works out, but more about that later.

I am sick with whatever super bug is going around and I seem to be getting marginally better while still trying to cough up my kidneys, but it’s been over a week. I am done with being sick. Especially considering, I was sick with something similar a little over a month ago. Antibiotics and over the counter cough meds are my new favorite food. Seriously, I’ve been popping cough drops like candy, and I can barely tolerate the things.

Writing…

On the creative front, nothing is happening. Between my Gram going back into the hospital several times in March and April, to this new job and being sick, I have done little than open my word doc. I did manage to make a personal goal for Lost Lady. I got to part two of my outline which is about three-fourths of the way done with the manuscript. Lost Prince (working title) is still where it was in December. I might have it done by the time NaNoWriMo rolls around again. I’ve been batting around some ideas for other stories and even another series. I have to say that I was a little discouraged with how everything was going( or not going as it were), but I am not writing for other people. I am doing this for me. So I look at my inspiration wall and think “keep calm and carry on.” I love the memes of this stuff!

Back to the marketing comment from earlier… I am hoping to spend about fifty dollar, a large sum to my budget, and try out the marketing arena of Amazon/Createspace publishing which is who I have published my novels through. The way I understand it, is that I set the amount I am willing to pay and then different websites and agencies will bid to run a banner with my info on it. I thought fifty dollars was a decent sum to see if it will drum up sales for my work. I plan to do this at the end of this month and will get back to you with the outcome. I am also thinking about putting my novels on sale for a week (probably in the beginning of June), and hoping that someone will buy them and share them with friends. I have yet to have someone review my work and leave comments. I am hoping that the sale will help both accounts.

More than money, I would like some feedback; feedback not from friends or family. I suppose what I really want is validation, but I don’t see me getting that from other people. I feel in the world of literature or even my genre of choice, my writing is average, but I know that the more I write the better I can become.

I want to be a good writer, I want to tell my stories and I don’t care that they are not literary masterpieces. I just want to do the best I can and present it like, “Here! I’ve made this!” I am meeting my goals and doing what I love. It can’t get better than that!



Comment…

Please leave me a comment, if you have read my book please review it! I would love to have some feed back or start a discussion with you!

As ever, Write On my comrades, Write On!!

No comments:

Post a Comment