Monday, November 17, 2014

Singing in the Rain

     This post is more about a miracle than anything else. I'm sure everyone has heard about the terrible drought in California, right? While we have had a few showers, none have been enough to replace the water we don't have. Many of those rainstorms were around where I live, but didn't give us more than a few minutes of sprinkles.
     Well, I got up tonight and what did I hear? Rain! A steady, down pour of rain. Thank You LORD! The sound of raindrops dinging off my aluminum patio cover sent a happy warmth through my entire body. I've always been a lover of rain, and cloudy days. I hope we have more soon.


On another topic, very much related to cloudy days, is my love of books. I'm more of a book hoarder or a bibliophile. Books make me happy. And while I do enjoy the convenience of my Kindle, I love printed books. So I thought I'd share some of my favorites.

Romance:
The Dark Series by Christine Feehan (She has many other wonderful series, but I was introduced to her with this one.
The Tairen Soul (quartette) by C.W. Wilson

Young Adult:
Harry Potter 1-7 By J.K. Rowling
Wild Magic (Immortals) by Tamora Peice (She has several books all set in the same world. I love if when familiar characters pop up in the other books!)


Fantasy:
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
Sabriel by Garth Nix


Classics:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Persuacion by Jane Austen


Collection of Short Stories (any genre):
The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
The Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment